Hello,

thanks for the reply. concerning your questions:

How many accounts do you have on that server?
3 accounts
Do you use ActiveSync?
I am using the active-sync port (sogo4-activesync-4.0.6)  from freebsd but I have no clients that use it.
How big are your email folders?
my inbox right now has ~800 mails, but if I select a folder with just a few mail inside it's the same.
Which Browser are you using?
latest chrome or firefox, no difference
Did you set "Animation Level" to "None"?

I tried that, but that makes no difference.

If I track the mail log while accessing a message I can see the imap login and logout with roughly the same amount of time in between as it takes to view the message in the webinterface. So I tried to verify IMAP performance via openssl, logging in and fetching some example email:

> a UID FETCH 3990 (BODY[1.1])
> [..message snipped..]
> a OK Fetch completed (0.002 + 0.000 + 0.001 secs).

which is as snappy as expected.

Funny thing is, that the addressbook and calender work quite well, it's just the email thats laggy.

any ideas what I could monitor to find out whats taking so long?

best regards,

--
Lorenz Pressler