Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 12:23:10AM +0200, Andreas Meyer wrote:
I have a running SOGo-Server 4.0.7. I configured mail for IMAP and SMTP but the mailboxes are not shown.

are there any errors in the logs? Are you able to send e-mails?

What I don't understand is how sogo authenticates to the imap- and smtp-server when there is no possibility to give a password somewhere.

How is this working and what am I missing?

SOGo is using the credentials of the current user.

Did you read these parts of the documentation:

https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_smtp_server_configuration
https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_imap_server_configuration

especially the description of the parameter SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail?

Regards,
Markus