Hi.

When you try to login what is shown in the logs.

If i remember correctly for authentication you just need to have view with users that are allowed to use SOGo and a working imap server, SOGo sends the authentication to the imap server and that is where the password is validated happens.

Also the option 'userPasswordAlgorithm' in SOGo (according to the doc and my own findings) only has effect if i want to change the password from within SOGo, so that should not be an issue. i use sha512 and changing that option to plain has no effect on authentication at least for me.