On 28/10/2019 4:09 pm, Christian Mack (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) wrote:
Your observations are correct.
All Thunderbird Add-Ons are either compatible with Thunderbird 60 or 68
there is no way to be compatible with both.
Thanks Christian, that confirms what I thought and discovered during testing.

According to the developer documents at https://developer.thunderbird.net/add-ons/tb68#required-changes it is possible to host both TB 60 and 68 versions of extensions at addons.thunderbird.net and when upgraded TB68 will find the new version.  However this would need Inverse to upload the SOGo Connector, which is going to be difficult as it has to be updated manually for each installation.

Out of interest, how are you going to handle the upgrade?  Will you manually visit every SOGo client and upgrade machines for them or have I missed some obvious way of automating this?

--

Ian McMichael

• E-Mail: ian.mcmich...@gmail.com
• Phone: +44-(0)7703-192837