On 18/11/2016 9:03 am, Ian McMichael wrote:
>> I was wondering if it would be possible to access the addressbooks via
>> LDAP to hook up a few DECT VOIP phones to the addresses I maintain via
>> CardDAV?
>
> I needed to do this with Cisco/Linksys VoIP phones and could not find
> any solution built into SOGo.  Being stuck in a corner I cobbled
> together a small LDAP server, which I called SOGodap, that connects to
> the SOGo MySQL database and searches the address book tables (only
> supports the old multiple tables per user model).  It then listens as
> a very limited LDAP server for queries from the phones.  I've been
> running it as a Linux daemon on customer servers for over a year now
> without issue.
>
> The code is basic and in Google Go language.  It lacks any form of
> security and all over the wire stuff is done in plain text, so only
> suitable for LAN use at best!  My intention was to open-source the
> code via Github but I am afraid I haven't yet and the documentation is
> non-existent.  Due to an office move next week I am unlikely to have
> any time to tidy it up for a little while.

Just over three years have passed and I have finally got round to open
sourcing SOGodap, my LDAP server for SOGo address books.  For anyone
interested the code and documentation is at:

    https://github.com/SigmaCS/SOGodap

Please feel free to make suggestions and/or offer pull requests, all of
which I will review and respond to.  I am about to start adapting the
code to cope with the new combined (9 table) database format and to
support a few more vCard attributes in the LDAP responses.