Thank you for the link, I missed that one. The workaround with stunnel seems to work.

KR
Jeroen

Op 5/02/2020 om 16:20 schreef Francis Lachapelle (flachape...@inverse.ca):
Hi Jeroen

TLS over SMTP is not yet supported.

See https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=31

Francis

On Feb 1, 2020, at 7:18 AM, Jeroen van Os (jeroen.va...@nevel.io)
<users@sogo.nu> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying out SOGo 4.3 and I have an issue with SMTP. I have an SMTP server
on port 587, STARTTLS required, login with email and plain text password.

I have set the following values in sogo.conf:
SOGoMailingMechanism = smtp;
SOGoSMTPServer = "smtp.my.domain:587";
SOGoSMTPAuthenticationType = PLAIN;
SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = YES;

However when trying to send an email in the web interface, it says "cannot send
message: (smtp) authentication failure". The logs show the following:
C: connect to <0x0x5635537778b0[NGInternetSocketAddress]: host=smtp.my.domain
not-filled>
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=220 line='smtp.my.domain'>
C: EHLO sogo-0.my.domain
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=250 line='CHUNKING'>
S: pipelining extension supported.
S: size extension supported.
C: QUIT
S: <SMTP-Reply: code=221 line='2.0.0 Bye'>

Am I missing something in the configuration? I am not sure SOGo actually
encrypts the connection with STARTTLS but I can't find an option for that.

IMAP is working perfectly fine.

If I should provide any additional information, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Jeroen