Dear Ludovic,

On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 10:42:18 PM CET Ludovic Marcotte wrote:
> On 2020-11-11 3:33 p.m., Stefan Klatt (stefan.kl...@cac-netzwerk.de) wrote:
> > what's the reason to use an addon with static preferences which need
> > to be compiled and not a thunderbird configuration variable?
>
> Note that it *is* a configuration variable. It's just not exposed in the
> GUI as a user-preference.
[...]
> You certainly don't want your users starting to toy around that value
> from the Thunderbird's GUI - it'll mess everything.
I second that. We do heavily use the possibility to preconfigure
settings for SOGo Connector for our users. A generic connector that
requires user configuration is prone to errors and thus a lot of support
overhead.
Except for the last two major Thunderbird releases where connector
wasn't ready for quite some time, the plugin upgrade always went smooth
and saved us a lot of trouble the way it is.

best regards,
        Adi