Hello,

I'm currently running an old server on CentOS 6 with postfix/dovecot and SOGo
2.4 and MySQL DB as authentication source for the users.
I need to do a complete overhaul to current software levels, obviously. After
thinking over this for a while and looking around I found that it seems
to make the most sense for me to move to a new Ubuntu VM and run a local
Mailcow dockerized deployment.
That seems to offer about the same moving parts (postfix, dovecot, SOGo,
MariaDB), in a more integrated and easily upgradable way.
Did anyone do such a migration from a conventional manual setup into a Mailcow
setup, e.g. including user/data migration
and could share the experience, hints, warnings etc.? Thanks.
In particular, I'd like to know how to

  *   move the user name/password table(s)
  *   move the mail data of dovecot
  *   move the calendar/contact data of SOGo
I haven't yet seen a tutorial or similar for such a migration.

Kai-Uwe Rommel

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, www.ars.de
ein Unternehmen der TIMETOACT Group
Garmischer Straße 7, 80339 München, Deutschland

ARS - The Art of Software Engineering
Software Engineering, Technologieberatung, IBM Software, IBM Lizenzmanagement
Services

Handelsregister München, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschäftsführer: Joachim Gucker, Stefan Schäffer, Michael Arbesmeier
Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.ars.de/datenschutz/