Sogo is a terrific web interface for email messaging and calendaring. It keeps getting better and has a thoughtfully designed UI.

XMPP is a technically very nice communications API, and has a good choice of servers to use on different platforms (my favourite is ejabberd). The choices client-side are rather limited [1] and a good slack style UI, focussing on the group chat aspects would be really nice.

Is there any appetite for such a client in sogo, or has such a thing been attempted? While I did write WebObjects systems some 20 years ago, sadly my time is more limited these days. So I'm cheekily asking if other people have a similar itch to scratch or have already tried it.

Cheers

Ari

[1] https://conversejs.org/ might be the best example