Ok, running the database upgrade script again probably fixed it ... although it
complained
"Duplicate column name 'c_hascertificate'" so it already has been there? Hmm.

Kai-Uwe Rommel

From: Kai-Uwe Rommel - ARS
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2022 10:05 AM
To: users@sogo.nu
Subject: strange problem with just one user's personal address book

Hi, I'm running an old 2.4 SOGo server and have a strange problem:
Several users use e-mail, calendar and contacts. They mostly use Thunderbird on
the PC
with IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV, some also use the browser interface and most have a
smartphone connected to the same data via ActiveSync. All those work fine but
for one
user the contacts "do not work":

The user has 76 contacts, created from Thunderbird, originally in Thunderbirds
local
address book. I have helped the user and exported the contacts, connected the
SOGo personal address book into his Thunderbird via the CardDAV URL and imported
the contacts into this. No error or warnings. The contacts are visible in his
Thunderbird
in the CardDAV folder and clicking "Synchronize" does not yield any error. But
when the
user logs in to the SOGo web UI, the personal address book there is just empty.
I tried importing the same contacts vCard file in the web UI as well and again
had no
error or warning (e.g. "76 contacts imported") but they do not show up.
On the connected smartphone (Android running "BlueMail") the contacts also do
not
show up (but e-mail and calendar do).
In the user's web UI I then created a "new address book" in addition to the
standard
personal address book. Imported the vCard file into this and it works fine, all
contacts
are shown in this new address book.
But, obviously, this does not really work, I need to make the standard "personal
address book" work.

The only error I see in sogo.log (when trying to copy a single contact from the
"new
address book" to the non-working "personal address book") is:

May 06 10:02:06 sogod [22977]: <0x0x55fffdfb8638[GCSFolder]> ERROR(-[GCSFolder
writeContent:fromComponent:container:toName:baseVersion:]): cannot insert
content : <MySQL4Exception: 0x55fffdf972f8> NAME:ExecutionFailed REASON:Unknown
column 'c_hascertificate' in 'field list'
May 06 10:02:06 sogod [22977]: [ERROR]
<0xFE07B168[SOGoContactGCSEntry]:59C1-6274D600-B7-49476E80.vcf> write failed:
<MySQL4Exception: 0x55fffdf972f8> NAME:ExecutionFailed REASON:Unknown column
'c_hascertificate' in 'field list'

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? I have not seen such a
problem
before ...

Kai-Uwe Rommel

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, www.ars.de
ein Unternehmen der TIMETOACT Group
Garmischer Straße 7, 80339 München, Deutschland

ARS - The Art of Software Engineering
Software-Entwicklungsprojekte, Software-Architektur, Cloud-Transformation,
Mainframe- und Legacy Java-Modernisierung

Handelsregister München, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Schäffer, Michael Arbesmeier
Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.ars.de/datenschutz/