You're hunting for a bottleneck. Here is how I would go about finding it:

First I would run the query on a single shard and see how long it takes. If
the single shard is slow you've found your bottleneck. If its fast then try
the same query on each shard, one of the shards might be slow and you've
found your bottleneck.

If all the shards are fast then it would seem the bottleneck is the
aggregator node.

Once you've found the bottleneck then you need to start improving the
throughput. Let us know what you find and then we can move on to discuss
how to improve the throughput at the bottleneck.

If its very fast thats

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/