Well, looking at the Lucene source code, I don’t see a limit check, so I guess
the answer is “No”.

https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/3024e66e4aba942b039fcad7daf958aa4c90b8bf/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.java#L262
lucene/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.java at
3024e66e4aba942b039fcad7daf958aa4c90b8bf · apache/lucene
github.com

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org