I'm a little confused between the difference between the contents of the
/usr/share/spamassassin folder and /etc/mail/spamassassin folder.

It is my understanding that /usr/share/spamassassin should only contain the
default filters that come with SA and /etc/mail/spamassassin should only
contain custom filters.  Based on that, there should be no need to have the
same filter in each directory, correct?  If you have a filter in each
directory, you are performing those tests twice, which inflates your score
and increases your scan time.

The reason I ask this is because I can not get razor to work unless
20_body_tests.cf is located in /etc/mail/spamassassin. Perhaps I got a
config file pointing to a wrong directory or I have my filters confused.
Another possiblility is my SA installation is not reading the filters in
/usr/share/spamassass.  If that is the case, how do I tell SA to include
filters in that directory?

The server having this issue is a mail proxy running postfix and spamc/spamd
with no user accounts on it.

Any help clarifying this would be greatly appreciated.

Tom