On 1/11/2018 12:57 PM, David Jones wrote:
On 01/11/2018 11:24 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 1/11/2018 10:46 AM, David Jones wrote:

There will be a 30 second to a few minutes delay for the DNS updates to propagate even for DNS caches that don't have the TXT record in their cache.

I bet most mirrors have a cron entry like "*/10" so they should pull the files at 8:40 AM UTC -- a few minutes before the DNS updates at 8:42 AM UTC.

If we still see problems I can extend the delay some more.

I think any race condition should be handled more gracefully by sa-update, wouldn't you think?

It wouldn't be a bad idea to create a loop with a few retries and random sleeps for a few minutes if there is a 404 returned.

Agreed.  And not to run GPG if we don't even download anything. Can you open a bugzilla if you think that's a good course of action?