On 13.01.18 09:35, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
i set my local.cf to use MySQL as a bayes store and it seems to work fine setting ham and spam in the database when a message is flagged.  however it has had no impact on spam received to the inboxes.  we are still receiving a large amount of junk email.

i originally installed spamassassin according to this guide http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1118 and it does indeed filter the test message so it should be working ok?

spamassassin detects and marks mail, it does not deliver it.
the MDA (mail delivery agent) delivers the mail.

you need to configure your MDA (procmail, maildrop, sieve etc) to deliver
mail marked as spam to Junk folder.

One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them, One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them