On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, fe...@kngnt.org wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have a postfix + amavis + dovecot setup, with spamassassin running both as amavis
plugin and dovecot "before" stage sieve filter. The reason for this setup is
that I want to reject mail that is obviously spam as soon as possible (done in amavis)
but, as users are also able to mark mail as spam, I want the second stage (running as
dovecot sieve script) to mark mail as spam or ham based on user preferences. I am running
into few issues with this setup... maybe somebody can provide some help or some direction
to point to? In any case, thank you for your time!
So far, a specific mail gets out of amavis with the following headers:
SPF_PASS,URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no version=3.4.1

Do you guys know if there is any way to ask spamc (that is run in the second stage) to run only the tests related to user-provided training, so that no tests are run twice? Also, do you know if there is any way to prevent the dropping of the previous run headers, so that the scoring of the current test can be summed to that of the previous?

Thank you very much!
Felix

This would be *very* custom. I don't believe there's any way to do something like this with any existing glue tools.

At present the closest you could get to that is to run two different SA installs having different rulesets (before and after), but there's no supported way to have the second pass include the first pass's score.

Summarizing the scores would be something glue-level; it would have to rename the results header from the first pass so that the second pass doesn't remove it, and then have a custom postprocessing step that would summarize the two result headers to a final result.

  If guards and searches and metal detectors can't keep a gun out of
  a maximum-security solitary confinement prisoner's cell, how will
  a disciplinary policy and some signs keep guns out of a university?
 Today: the first Falcon Heavy test launch