On 2/4/2018 3:35 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
I've noticed quite a bit of spam lately with a malformed List-Id header. Most notably, the angle brackets are missing, but the contents of the angle brackets when present often don't look like a domain. No dots, for example.

<https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2919.txt>

It looks like the header has the same format as a To or From header, except that there's no local part or at-sign in the angle brackets. Is there some kind of test already available to validate the format of the to/from headers that I could adapt to validate the List-id header? I don't want to re-invent the wheel and create a new test if one already exists.

Ideally I'd like to extract the domain (minus the list name) and run that through the DNSBLs, as well.