On 18/04/2018 16:08, David Jones wrote:

I too have been seeing a very high number of SA timeouts via MailScanner the past week and would like to know how to troubleshoot these timeouts.  I have never been able to catch problem messages in the act to figure out what is causing them.

FWIW, when I had intermittent timeouts some time ago (TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED in my case, not sure if it's applicable here) and after losing hours with the ruletiming plugin trying to understand what was happening, it turned out to be a physical network problem between the server where SA ran and the database where AWL and Bayes resided, that resulted in random packet loss.

This is only to suggest to start from layer 1 before everything else :)

Good luck
Daniele Duca