On 09/05/18 20:43, David Jones wrote:
On 05/09/2018 01:29 PM, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
On 09/05/18 16:37, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 09.05.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Matthew Broadhead:
it looks like it is working.  so maybe it is just not flagging or moving
the spam?
in a differnt post you showed this status header which *clearly* shows
bayes is working - bayes alone don't flag, the total socre does, moving
don't happen at all on this layer - other software like sieve is
responsible for acting on the headers of a message

quoting URIBL_BLOCKED is a joke - setup a *recursion* *non-forwarding*
nameserver, no dnsmasq or such crap

http://uribl.com/refused.shtml

with your setup you excedd *obviously* rate-limits and have most
DNSBL/URIBL not working and so you can't expect useful results at all

     tests=[AM.WBL=-3, BAYES_00=-1.9, HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS=0.25,
     MAILING_LIST_MULTI=-1, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI=-5, SPF_PASS=-0.001,
     URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001, USER_IN_DEF_SPF_WL=-7.5]
     autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no

i followed the guidance at that url and it gave me
[root@ns1 ~]# host -tTXT 2.0.0.127.multi.uribl.com
2.0.0.127.multi.uribl.com descriptive text "127.0.0.1 -> Query Refused. See http://uribl.com/refused.shtml for more information [Your DNS IP: 213.171.193.134]"

i guess my dns is set to use my isp's dns server.  do i need to set up dns relay on my machine so it comes from my ip?

there is no way we send more than 500k emails from our domain so i should qualify for the free lookup?

Yes.  Setup BIND, unbound, or pdns_recursor on your SA server that is not forwarding to another DNS server then set your /etc/resolv.conf or SA dns_server to 127.0.0.1.  This will make your DNS queries isolated from your IP to stay under their daily limit.

Keep in mind that if your SA box is behind NAT that is not dedicated to your server then other DNS queries could get combined with your shared public IP.  This is not likely since others are not going to query RBL/URIBL servers but it's possible.  If your SA server is directly on the Internet as an edge mail gateway then this won't be a problem.

i already had bind handling my dns.  i just had to add to /etc/named.conf

allow-query-cache {localhost; any;};
recursion yes;

and to /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 127.0.0.1

i cannot believe that is not the default.  i always assumed my dns was working correctly.