On Sun, 20 May 2018, Jerry Malcolm wrote:

I'm getting a ton of what I would consider the most basic spam ever.... a single "Hello" (or "Hi", or "Greetings", etc) followed by a spam link, sent 'from' a known contact, but usually containing a bunch recipients.  SA seems to catch almost all of my spam, except this one type.

I just received a huge wave of the following email.  Is there a rule I am missing that should be catching this?

X-SpamAssassin_115: 0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.
X-SpamAssassin_116:                             See
X-SpamAssassin_117: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
X-SpamAssassin_118:                              for more information.

Not a rule, no. You need to set up a local recursive (NON-FORWARDING!) name server for your MTA and SpamAssassin to use. You're forwarding your DNS query traffic to a larger shared server where your queries are aggregated with others', which is exceeding the URIBL free query limits, so you are not getting useable results for URIBL queries.

See https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CachingNameserver and do not focus only on the "caching" part.

  Journalism is about covering important stories.
  With a pillow, until they stop moving.               -- David Burge
 416 days since the first commercial re-flight of an orbital booster (SpaceX)