On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, micah anderson wrote:

John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> writes:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, RW wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:24:47 -0700 (PDT)
John Hardin wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, micah anderson wrote:

I searched my pile of mail that I have from two ice ages ago, and I
did find 6 messages that were hits of this rule, one of them was
spam, five of them were this person trying to contact me.

...without a subject?

Do you happen to be seeing FPs with this rule?

Yes, its why I am investigating it. I think it is common for people
who are sending mail from their mobiles, where they use it more
like a quick chat instead of a 'regular mail'....

In fact, this person used:

OK, I can see about adding some mobile MUA exclusions. Any FP headers
you can provide (directly) will be helpful. Go ahead and sanitize the
recipient info, I don't think that would be relevant to tuning this
one.

I'll provide some pastebin links in a separate email.

I don't know that this is particularly specific to mobile, lots of
people send emails with an empty subject.

It sounds like the main cause would be a signature that contains the
senders name as the only thing in a line. That'll be why all the
FPs mentioned above came from the same person.

Yes, this person has as their signature their name on one line, and
their From: has that same name listed.

Question: were those messages scored as spam?

yes, they were, will include the reports in the off-list email.

Has the DKIM exclusion reduced or eliminated your false positives?

  Sheep have only two speeds: graze and stampede.     -- LTC Grossman
 7 days until the 1939th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii