>On Thursday, October 25, 2018, 7:00:00 AM GMT+2, Mark London
<m...@psfc.mit.edu> wrote:  > >I started getting very short emails, such as
"How are you?"  or "please.
>can we talk please?"  Ok, maybe the latter one is a bit suspicious.
>But in any event, has anyone encountered "small talk" spam emails like
>this before?  I have this big desire to respond and say "No, I'm not
>fine, and we can't talk".  But I doubt that will resolve the issue. :)
>I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this.  Thanks. - Mark

Hi Mark... usually flushing a normal toilet in zero-gravity is not a good idea,
but this time may be different..
Answer to that email and see what happens. That will give you the chance to
observe how the spammer/hacker behaves....
It is not easy to block emails just becasue they contating a  "how are you?"
sentence. But in case any user replays, it may beeasier to detect the second
spammer email...  far from perfect but a good FP/FN balance.

-----PedroD