On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:43:25 +0100
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
what are direct effects of normalize_charset?

On 14.11.18 14:37, RW wrote:
It causes mime text parts that aren't UTF-8 to be translated into UTF-8.

does this apply only for rules or even for things like bayes?

I mean, when a iso-8859-* word is already tokenized in bayes, will it be
missed?

(i hope I did get bayes properly)

Will enabling normalize_charset cause some immediate benefits or
disadvantages for us?

It mainly means that rules can assume UTF-8, and you don't have to
allow for other character sets. And spam can't avoid tests by using an
uncommon character set.

These day so much email is in UTF-8 (or the ASCII subset) that it wont
make all that much difference.

now a question raised if non-UTF8 spam will be caught more likely when
normalizing...

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.