On behalf of the Apache SpamAssassin PMC, we are supporting the Google Summer of Code for 2019.

GSOC is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. Students work with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during their break from school.

Please help spread the word, review bugzilla, and post about great project ideas that might be appropriate for a student developer with an Apache mentor guiding them.

As examples, here is one project that has already been picked up for this year, but gives an idea of what we are looking for
https://s.apache.org/YS0r
and a list of ideas that were suggested for GSOC-2018 that could still be done
https://s.apache.org/NIKo

We want to make sure nothing is missed this year. And maybe a student developer wants to take the torch on one of these proposals!

PLEASE: If there are student developers posting on users@ or dev@, please take extra care to guide them and be nice!

More info:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
and (READ THIS ONE BEFORE APPLYING)
https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Sidney Markowitz
sid...@apache.org
Chair, Apache SpamAssassin Project Management Committee