On Mar 31, 2005 5:46 PM, AltGrendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Matt Kettler wrote:
>
> >>The problem is, it seems that sa-learn is ignoring the -u / --user= flag.
> >
> >sa-learn uses the userid of the user that calls it. Period.
>
> Then why does man sa-learn show a -u flag:
>
> Is this obsolete?

It's not obsolete, but it's incomplete.  Changing the userid does not
change the location that sa-learn uses for the bayes databases, and
although you can specify an alternat config file path, the user-level
config file is not allowed to change the bayes database location.

So for virtual users you must actually set the HOME environment
variable to point to the correct location before running sa-learn, and
*also* use the -u option to set the userid; and of course the real
user running sa-learn must have write permission for the bayes files
and for the $HOME/.spamassassin directory (to create lock files).

I ended up making a setuid (to the "spamassassin" user) copy of
sa-learn and a wrapper script for running it.