On 15 Aug 2019, at 18:41, @lbutlr wrote:

I am getting many many pop these errors:

spamd: handled cleanup of child pid [89330] due to SIGCHLD: DIED, signal 11 (000b)

How fun... A segfault: something in a worker spamd process ( a child of the master spamd process reporting the error) tried to access a completely bogus memory address.

IMHO spamd shouldn't segfault in anything like normal circumstances. It's a Perl script, so most of the easy ways to segfault are blocked by how how Perl interprets and precompiles the script.

It doesn’t appear to be affecting mail delivery, but still, I’d like to avoid them.

Is any scoring being done?

I have spamass-milter running:

/usr/local/sbin/spamass-milter -f -p /var/run/spamass-milter.sock -u spamd -r 10 -i 65.121.55.40/29 -i 127.0.0.1 -e covisp.net

And spamd:

/usr/local/bin/perl -T -w /usr/local/bin/spamd -c -Q -u spamd -H /var/spool/spamd -d -r /var/run/spamd/spamd.pid

Though o don’t recall how those options are set (they are not in rc.conf like spamass-milter)

That's the normal place on FreeBSD, but you might have set options in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd

and I’m not sure why it is passing -Q since I currently;y do not have an SQL database setup for Spamassassin.

That COULD cause a segfault, I suppose... Still a bug, arguably, but with an easy and obvious workaround.

Asmyway, the -Q flags says it needs -x which is not there, so I suspect this config is wrong, even if it is not the cause of the above issue.

Yes. You should definitely fix this. It's local config.

👹 # spamassassin -D

That will not touch spamd. To get spamd to emit debugging info, you would need to add '-D' to spamd_flags in rc.conf or wherever the args are being set.

--
Bill Cole