On 6 Sep 2019, at 01:57, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:
> On 06.09.19 00:57, @lbutlr wrote:
>> TLSv1.0 is EOLed and should not be used nor supported.
>
> well, if your clients (some old server installations) only support tls1.0,
> it's better to allow it than forgint it to go plaintext or reject the mail at
> all.

I don’t agree. It is thinking like this that leads to people still wanting to
use RC4-SHA or HTTP AUTH.

> http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Update-to-recommended-TLS-settings-td78583.html

That is four years ago and largely covers maintaining support for the 16
year-old Exchange 2003.

The difference right now is that TLSv1.0 is end-of-life and has known flaws. It
should no more be used than MD5 or RC2.

However, I think here we were talking about TLS connections from sending
servers; there TLSv1.0 is already basically unused. You are more likely to not
get an opportunistic encryption at all that TLSv1.

On 6 Sep 2019, at 00:51, Reio Remma <r...@mrstuudio.ee> wrote:
> I recently did an experiment where I stopped accepting incoming e-mail
> without TLS. This seemingly cut off about 95-99% of spam. Unfortunately there
> still seem to be a small percentage of servers sending without TLS, so that
> was a no go.

I took that to mean the OP was not talking about submission from clients, but
incoming mail from other servers.

--
The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.