I think this bit is finally dying down so I will merely point out as the last, final nail in the coffin on all of this, that the majority of people on both the Apache and the Linux projects (as well as the other larger commercial entities like Google, etc. that are engaged in this) are NOT "people of color" and this entire "movement" about changing language boiled down is nothing more than yet another example of white people deciding what is best for people of color - like has been going on for centuries.

In short, doing this DOES NOT apply ANY more legitimacy to the majority
white on social issues that are in control of these projects than they had before.

If the "votes" had been RESTRICTED to only people of color who were on
these projects - THEN they would have been legitimate.  Of course the
majority white would have been embarrassed if the few people of color
members voted to change nothing so they absolutely weren't going to give
them a chance to do that.

Most people of color undoubtedly prefer that the members of these projects stick to the technology and stay the fark out of the social
end of things.

Much like the Abortion debates were men have zero zilch business being
involved in the debate, whites really have zero zilch business being
involved in this discussion, either.

The Linux Torvalds thing is just the capstone of White Privilege played
out since HE IS WHITE.

Let me be the first white man to extend an apology to the few people of color on these projects that we never actually bothered asking your opinions on something we had no business mucking around with.

Ted