> On Aug 21, 2020, at 1:28 PM, Rob McEwen <r...@invaluement.com> wrote:
>
> ANNOUNCEMENT: The NEW invaluement "Service Provider DNSBLs" - 1st one for
> Sendgrid-spams!
>
> ...a collection of a new TYPE of DNSBL, with the FIRST of these having a
> focus on Sendgrid-sent spams. AND - there is a FREE version of this - that
> can be used NOW! (well... might need a SpamAssassin rule or two! Your help
> appreciated!):
>
> INFO AND INSTRUCTIONS HERE:
>
> https://www.invaluement.com/serviceproviderdnsbl/
>
> This provides a way to surgically block Sendgrid's WORST spammers, yet
> without the massive collateral damage that would happen if blocking Sendgrid
> domains and IP addresses. But we're NOT stopping at the phishes and viruses -
> and we're not finished! There will be some well-deserved economic pain, that
> puts the recipients' best interests at heart. Therefore, flagrant "cold
> email" spamming to recipients who don't even know the sender - is also being
> targeted - first with the absolute worst - and then progressing to other
> offenders as we make adjustments in the coming weeks.

I fail to see the point: that we do the work that sendgrid should be doing, but
on a duplicative scale?

Why don’t they police themselves?

We’re effectively calling out spam that’s escaped after the fact.  What’s the
point of that?

They should be scanning email as it leaves their infrastructure and using rules
and Bayesian filters to know if something is amiss and they need to have human
intervention.

Nothing is stopping them from doing the right thing.

Why should we enable their bad behavior?