On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 15:08:57 +0200
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
last time I
checked, google, aol, yahoo SMTP servers used HELO strings that did
not resolve back to those IPs.

On 14.09.20 23:03, RW wrote:
I just looked at few and they  all have HELO matching the recorded rDNS.

Are you basing that on PDS_NO_HELO_DNS? That rule FP'ed on any server
using IPv6 because it only checked for IPv4 rDNS.

No, i was pulling from memory.

However, as already said, this requirements violates RFC (and we don't to
argue with anyone that we violate RFCs).
We should be the good guys, who follow RFC, so nobody can blame us from
causing any issue by not following it.

It's gone now, I wonder if anyone tried fixing it before it was removed.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759