Thanks!  We'll look to use this info to refine our rules more.

On 11/29/2020 8:05 PM, RW wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 09:32:38 -0500
Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

Some thoughts in line below.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020, 12:13 RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Maybe there's a difference in trunk, but otherwise the sub-rules
that do the work still run when they aren't used, so there's little
benefit.
I believe if you look you'll find that we actually redefine some of
the rules and then score them zero just for that purpose but if you
find any that look to be still running please let me know.
I looked at a half-dozen random examples of zero scored meta rules and
none of then had suppressed sub-rules. I didn't recurse them very
thoroughly though, but here's an obvious one:

score FROM_FMBLA_NDBLOCKED 0 # __FROM_FMBLA_NDBLOCKED

__FROM_FMBLA_NDBLOCKED is an askdns rule that used by nothing but
FROM_FMBLA_NDBLOCKED, and it's not redefined in KAM_deadweight2_sub.cf

One thing I noticed is:

meta  __RCVD_IN_ZEN   0
meta  __RCVD_IN_DNSWL 0

which will presumably turn-off RCVD_IN_SBL, RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS, and the
various RCVD_IN_DNSWL_* rules.

There's also:

meta __RCVD_IN_LASHBACK 0
meta __RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA 0