Niamh Holding wrote on 11/12/20 11:10 pm:

Hello Sidney,

SM> If you got this rpm from an unofficial source who perhaps built it from the
source rpm for Spamassassin 3.4.4 in the Fedora repo, talk to whoever did that
about how they built the package and how they install it on CentOS.

John Hardin who's on this list, hence the question here.
http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/antispam/centos7/

Ok, he knows what he is doing, so it should be properly built, just requiring EPEL to be installed.

It is easy to end up with a dependency on a package that is in EPEL when you are playing with source rpms that were originally built for Fedora and build them on CentOS.

To summarise what to do about it. (The -y option just causes yum to not ask some confirmations that you would have to answer y to, I include it because I'm lazy).

1. Install EPEL using the commands

  sudo yum -y install epel-release
  sudo yum -y update

2. Install the rpm package using the command

  sudo yum -y install spamassassin-3.4.4-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

Regards,

Sidney