All,

I'm noticing a pattern of email like:

From: "GUSHI.ORG Administrator" <somera...@host.cn>
To: y...@gushi.org
Subject: Your mailbox has exceeded its quota

Or some such nonsense.

Now, DMARC and SPF and DKIM would be able to block the domain if they tried to spoof it in the From email address. But mail clients helpfully these days aren't showing the actual email address to people. Ergo, I'm looking to do the following:

Catch a case where the REALNAME of the FROM address contains a domain that is in the TO header. This would seem to require a macro of some kind to capture the value and do the comparison, so this doesn't seem to be the kind of thing one can do (dynamically) with a regular rule.

Note my unanswered question a week or two ago seeking macros for the spamc username, lhs, and rhs for use in rules.

I mean, certainly, I could hardcode the domain name, but I'd like something more flexible.

-Dan