On 30.01.21 14:30, Kenneth Porter wrote:
What do others do about backscatter to their role addresses? It seems spammers have recently discovered the role addresses noc, hostmaster, and webmaster for one of my business domains and are forging them as senders. As a result, I'm seeing lots of backscatter from various spam-detectors. (This just started a week or two ago but the addresses have been around for years.)

SPF
DKIM
DMARC

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce

whitelist_bounce_relays        fantomas.fantomas.sk
# or better, put your outgoing relays there

score BOUNCE_MESSAGE     1
score CRBOUNCE_MESSAGE   1
score VBOUNCE_MESSAGE    1
score OOOBOUNCE_MESSAGE  1
score ANY_BOUNCE_MESSAGE 1

Should I bother letting SA scan the messages and consign them to my SA folder where they get auto-learned?

it is possible but I would not recommend it.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod