On Tue, 9 Feb 2021, Kenneth Porter wrote:

I'm reminded of the recent post suggesting that SA parse QR codes to feed URLs to block lists.

The email includes a web document pretending to be an Excel document (double extension .xlsx.hTML) that contains a JavaScript Morse decoder and a string with the URLs encoded in Morse.

I see two ways to block this: 1) MUAs should ignore code in HTML. 2) A malware scanner like ClamAV should watch for this kind of stuff.

You're missing the simplest one: double extensions like that are hostile and should be rejected.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Sheep have only two speeds: graze and stampede.     -- LTC Grossman
 3 days until Abraham Lincoln's and Charles Darwin's 212th Birthdays