On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, Alan wrote:

I've seen a recent flood of "I hacked your camera and caught you doing stuff" emails. I doubt they'll continue for a long time, but I made some rules to target them. Find them here https://pastebin.com/B5Q6emBU

There are already rules for that sort of thing in the base ruleset:

BITCOIN_EXTORT_01
BITCOIN_EXTORT_02
BITCOIN_PAY_ME
BITCOIN_DEADLINE
BITCOIN_YOUR_INFO
BITCOIN_MALWARE

and a few others. Are any of these hitting on what you're getting? Perhaps all you need to do is assign higher local scores to these rules.

I would love to see more spamples to improve them. Feel free to zip up any bitcoin extortion spams you get and send them to me by private email at any time.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Are you a mildly tech-literate politico horrified by the level of
  ignorance demonstrated by lawmakers gearing up to regulate online
  technology they don't even begin to grasp? Cool. Now you have a
  tiny glimpse into a day in the life of a gun owner.   -- Sean Davis
 270 days since the first private commercial manned orbital mission (SpaceX)