Can anybody explain to me the reason behind the blind "please send us a quote for your product XXXXX" emails? I mean, I know they are somehow a scam, but I can't figure it out how it's supposed to work when the target isn't a business...

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Think Microsoft cares about your needs at all?
  "A company wanted to hold off on upgrading Microsoft Office for a
  year in order to do other projects. So Microsoft gave a 'free' copy
  of the new Office to the CEO -- a copy that of course generated
  errors for anyone else in the firm reading his documents. The CEO
  got tired of getting the 'please re-send in XX format' so he
  ordered other projects put on hold and the Office upgrade to be top
  priority."                                    -- Cringely, 4/8/2004
 8 days until Thomas Jefferson's 278th Birthday