On Thu, 22 Apr 2021, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

On 22.04.21 14:21, Steve Dondley wrote:
pts rule name              description
-0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE     RBL: Sender listed at https://www.dnswl.org/,
                            no trust
                           [209.85.210.44 listed in list.dnswl.org]
-1.0 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
                           [score: 0.0000]
[snip..]
-0.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL      Mailspike good senders

This email is bit of an outlier as most of these emails will get flagged with bayes_99 and bayes_999 but this one actually gives it bayes_00.

My bayes filter has been trained with about 2000 examples of spam and ham.

now, train as needed - this one as spam.

In that spam there was a tracking link at the bottom with a URL of the form:
https://name-company-track.appspot.com/Firebase?bunch-of-long-tracking-variables

How hard would it be to modify the uribl lookup code so that it did not truncate hosts names, so we could create uribl entries of the form "name-company-track.appspot.com" or would that be prohibitively expensive in lookups?

I regularly see phish/spam that has URL hosts of the form some-name.blogspot.com or other-name.webhosting.com and it would be nice to be able to slam those things into a uribl list (I run my own).

--
Dave Funk                               University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu>     College of Engineering