On Fri, 25 Jun 2021, Greg Troxel wrote:

RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> writes:

You can reach out
   to our Customer Support Team+1 (800) 781 - 2511.

Is it common in the US to put 800 in brackets like that? In my
experience brackets normally go around either country codes or area
codes, digits that may be optional.

Yes, it common.  The proper form is

 +1 800 782 2511

but people in the US do not write numbers like that.

The normal way in the US would be

 (800) 782-2511

and i find the spaces around the - to be unusual.  But really there is a
fair degree of variation.

And then there's the obfuscation that spammers/phishers use.
Here's an example from a recent message I found in one of my spam traps:

if you have any issue regarding your order.

Reach usĀ at +1 [805} 429-6748

Thanks & Regards

+1 [805} 429-6748

Those bracket/brace mismatching are verbatium.

--
Dave Funk                               University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu>     College of Engineering