On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 07:58:15 +0000 (UTC)
Pedro David Marco wrote:

> On Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:45:42 PM GMT+2, RW
> <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >I'm not sure what you are referring to there. If you copy and paste a
> >web page into an HTML email, are you not just copying the
> >formatting?
>
> Agree RW, but...
> copy and paste from web source to MUA works!

My presumption is that when you do that the browser puts a static
representation of a snapshot of the page into the clipboard.

Copying across the full page, including javascript,  so another
application could reproduce the page from scratch wouldn't work.

For example, if I go to an order in my Amazon account and hit ^A ^C and
then go to the windows mail app and paste the the clipboard into the
compose window, I get something that looks vaguely like the web page.
But the mail app isn't authenticated into Amazon and doesn't have
access to the cookies and other internal state within Chrome. The
personal information displayed must have come in the clipboard rather
than by running the javascript and getting it from Amazon.