On 2022-02-07 at 13:43:31 UTC-0500 (Mon, 07 Feb 2022 13:43:31 -0500)
Chad <c...@mercuryemail.net>
is rumored to have said:

> I have been getting numerous emails lately from various gmail.com accounts.
>    They are spam or phishing emails and today I got one that had a subject of
> RECEIPT 5454 and only a JPG image of an invoice.     There was no content in
> the email.
>

> It bypassed Spamassassin scoring.      Do you know why or what setting I need
> to set so EVERY email goes through Spamassassin scoring procedures?
>

> My email server is:    mercury2022.mercuryemail.net
[...]
>                 by mercury2022.mercuryemail.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id
> A5F7E8043D4A
>
>                 for <c...@mercuryemail.net>; Mon,  7 Feb 2022 10:44:18 -0500
> (EST)

OK, so we know that your mail server is running Postfix but not how you've
integrated SpamAssassin. There are many possibilities, with 2 independent
attributes:

1. Interface to Postfix:
  a. content_filter setting to pipe mail to a bespoke script (maybe
distro-provided)
  b. milter (amavis, spamass-milter, mimedefang, etc.)
  c. SMTP Proxy (usually amavis)
  d. FILTER action in an access map to a bespoke script.
  e. NONE: Integrated with a downstream delivery agent (e.g. Dovecot LMTP) or
MUA.

2. Interface to SA:
  a. Load Mail::SpamAssassin Perl modules and use them directly
  b. Use a spamc binary built from the SA distribution to contact a local spamd
instance
  c. Use a spamc binary built from the SA distribution to contact a remote
spamd instance
  d. Use a custom implementation of the spamc protocol to contact a local spamd
instance
  e. Use a custom implementation of the spamc protocol to contact a remote
spamd instance
  f. Run the spamassassin script and handle its output.

So, yeah: 30 possible combinations. It is hard to say what is broken without
knowing how you have SA working when it works. This sort of problem is never
technically in SpamAssassin itself, as SpamAssassin itself doesn't include any
software that could act as a gatekeeper.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire