On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 02:27:09PM +0200, Henrik K wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 06:01:43AM -0400, Michael Grant wrote:
> >
> > Unless there's an existing function in some plugin to do this, I'll
> > have to write my own.  Little surprising that there isn't, this seems
> > like an obvious check!
>
> There is already very basic HEADER() template support added in trunk/4.0.0,
> this would generally work:
>
> askdns UNSUB_NXDOMAIN _HEADER(List-Unsubscribe:host)_ MX [NXDOMAIN]
>
> It just tries to find something resembling a hostname (having valid TLD) in
> the header, preferring to match @(.*) first.  So it doesn't differentiate
> between http, mailto etc.

Fantastic, thank you!

I'm trying to test this with the debian experimental 4.0.0~0.0svn1896439-1
package.

Running an email through this version seems to be working (as in
spamassassin < test.eml).  However when I test just a narrow set of
rules in my own cf file, I get this:

$ spamassassin -t -C test.cf < tests/test1.eml
config: no rules were found!  Do you need to run 'sa-update'? at
/usr/bin/spamassassin line 417.

this works fine on spamassassin 3.x by the way.

I have tried reducing test.cf to something simple, for example:

full     DKIM_SIGNED            eval:check_dkim_signed()
describe DKIM_SIGNED            Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not
necessarily valid
score    DKIM_SIGNED 5.0

To be clear, for this I really don't want to run all the tests.  Only
specific ones which is why I tried using the -C option which works
with 3.x.  Is there a correct way to do this with 4.x?

Michael Grant