Am 2024-05-11 21:54, schrieb Bill Cole:
I have no idea who the Debian "spam analysts" are but I am certain that they are not doing any sort of data-driven dynamic adjustments of scores based on a threshold of 6.3 nor are they (obviously) adjusting that threshold daily based on current scores.

I found the passage in my old Postfix book. The author writes: "It is recommended not to carelessly set the value of $sa_kill_level_deflt to any fantasy values. The score of 6.31 is not arbitrarily chosen, but the statistically calculated optimum for the best possible spam filter rate with as few false positives as possible. If you increase the value, more spam will get through; if you lower it, your false positives will increase." It may be that the value is outdated, but that is for the maintainers of the relevant Debian package to decide. I'll just adapt my rules to this one value.