From: Marc Perkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:09 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: MySQL server resolution

ok - here's what I'm thinking. I want to be able to switch MySWL servers

should the main server go down.

In my local.cf file I have this:

user_awl_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:bayes

The server "bayes" is defined in my /etc/hosts file. What I'm thinking
is if that server goes down that I gave a cron job that will redefine
the bayes entry to point to localhost. So - my question. If I change the

IP address of "bayes" in /etc/hosts do I have to restart spamd or will
it just start talking to the other server because bayes changed?