Also, man spamc lists all the possible return codes.

           EX_USAGE        64  command line usage error
           EX_DATAERR      65  data format error
           EX_NOINPUT      66  cannot open input
           EX_NOUSER       67  addressee unknown
           EX_NOHOST       68  host name unknown
           EX_UNAVAILABLE  69  service unavailable
           EX_SOFTWARE     70  internal software error
           EX_OSERR        71  system error (e.g., can't fork)
           EX_OSFILE       72  critical OS file missing
           EX_CANTCREAT    73  can't create (user) output file
           EX_IOERR        74  input/output error
           EX_TEMPFAIL     75  temp failure; user is invited to retry
           EX_PROTOCOL     76  remote error in protocol
           EX_NOPERM       77  permission denied
           EX_CONFIG       78  configuration error

Dallas