Rosenbaum, Larry M. a écrit :
>>Hmmm....  Perhaps the protocol could had a mechanism added so that the
>>server could tell if it is talking to a peer (another MTA) or a client
>>(an MUA).
>

> There is such a mechanism in RFC-2476, but I don't know how many MUAs
> and MTAs support it.

all MTAs and MUAs that use smtp support it naturally (message submission
 is based on smtp). now you can run diffrenet instances/listeners on
your system with different configurations (for instance, you could
decide that submission over the network [port 587] requires
authentication, and configure port 25 as a "public" MX, ...).