Милен Панков wrote:
> Matt Kettler написа:
>>Realistically, you have two options:
>>
>>      1) tell the sender their client isn't properly QP encoding Bulgarian
>> text in
>>the subject headers.
>>      2) accept that many email clients don't properly handle Bulgarian text,
>> and
>>disable this rule by adding "score SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS 0" to your local.cf.
>>

> Well this happens mostly when we receive mail from some webmails for
> example Yahoo, so I'm stuck with the second option, which I'm already using.
>
> Thanks,
> Milen

It's an issue, to be sure.  And people need to be edumacated.

I recently pointed out to the IT department at Dice.com that they were sending
out malformed Date: lines that were causing their emails to trigger against
ILLEGAL_DATE...  which most mailers manage to get right, so it's a fairly good
indicator of spam and can be safely cranked way up.

In fact, I pointed out chapter and verse from RFC-2821 where they were going
wrong, and how to fix it (by padding the hour out with a leading zero before
10am).

They told me they appreciated my "suggestion".

I reminded them that it wasn't a suggestion, it was a conclusive documentation
of where they were failing to conform to a 25 year-old specification that is,
in fact, trivial... all things considered.   I mean it's not X.400, right?  ;-)

Have they fixed it?

Not the last time I checked.

You'd think that given the nature of what they do, they'd have their pick of
the crop for good IT and messaging people.

Guess not.

Kind of makes me think twice about posting my resume with them.  :-(

-Philip