Theo Van Dinter wrote on Thu, 11 May 2006 13:49:11 -0400:

> fwiw, the 8-bit characters ought to be encoded in base64 or quoted-printable.
> then the rule wouldn't hit.

I just found the same problem here with a whole bunch of messages coming from
the same source. It seems the rule hits on *one* occurence of a non-ASCII
character, however, the description says "Subject: has too many raw illegal
characters". At least the description is wrong then.
And, as Keith explains, I think that score is excessive. It's fairly common
that
some mail programs, especially if webmail or form-generated, have at least one
none-encoded character in the subject.

The subject line hitting in the case of our customer was:
Bewerbung für INS-2006-05-44444, "MODEL´S GESUCHT!!!"

I can identify only one character that is outside the ASCII range.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany