Michael,

There are a couple ways of doing.  It really depends on how easy you
want to make it for your users/admins.  It also depends on your
configuration.

We use MySQL for bayes and awl.  This make it easy for us as we have an
internal machine running Cyrus and SA.  We have a local account with an
imap account on it that we copy the email to.  From there we have a
script that runs it against the ham/spam folders (including unlearn for
the same).  If you are running bayes on local DB you options are a
little different.

* You can create an imap account on the gateway, move mail to it and
learn through.
* You can create another non-gateway machine, install SA on it, and load
the spamd servers to listen to additional subnets beyond localhost
* You can take the messages and SFTP them to the gateway and run some
type of automated job there (this is what we did in the very beginning
for us some years ago).

There are other ways, these are just the ones that come off the top of
my head.

Gary