Jeff Chan wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 8:05:04 AM, DAve DAve wrote:
I had no logging running on dnscache before so I don't *know* what was
happening. I re-enabled logging and the issue went away. To be specific
I changed my run file from

exec setuidgid Gdnslog multilog -*
exec setuidgid Gdnslog multilog t ./main

Which should make no difference. Oddly though restarting dnscache
several times didn't help previously. I can open a bug report, and help
troubleshoot, if you believe it smart to do so. But at this time I
really don't think it is an SA issue.

Hmm, well only file a bug report if it's a specific SA
interaction.

But it would still be nice to know what's causing it, even if
it's not SA or an interaction with it.

Jeff C.

If it happens again I'll have some logs, provided I catch it in time, dnscache makes logs like bunnies make more bunnies.

Until then I'm inclined to think it was a resource issue or anomaly on my system rather than an issue with SA or dnscache. I run dnscache on all my web/mail/SA/ftp servers on FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris. Never had the slightest issue with any software making dns queries through it.

DAve

Veterans?